Business General Management and Entrepreneurship
High school students looking to enter the business world will find immense value from Stride Career Prep’s business general management and entrepreneurship career field. Each course within this career field targets these opportunities, covering the skills required to succeed in business.
Business and Entrepreneurship Classes for High School Students
Students can discover informative, engaging, and exciting classes to help achieve their career goals. While enrolled at K12 Private Academy, students can choose from these pathways within this career field:
Administrative Support Career Pathway
Every organization requires administrative support to operate effectively. This versatile career supports professional goals, no matter the industry. Non-profit organizations, banking, small businesses, gaming corporations, and more need quality administrative support for their day-to-day operations.
In this pathway, students gain the knowledge needed to efficiently manage tasks and communications, leading them to develop strong organizational skills they can depend on throughout their careers.
- Explore career opportunities where they can use administrative skills
- Develop computer skills needed for administrative tasks
- Gain communication and organizational skills
- Learn basic accounting skills
Business Finance Career Pathway
Finance is necessary to help accelerate businesses of all kinds. This career pathway guides students through the fundamentals of finance, accounting, and useful computer programs often used in the field. Students discover how this career plays a critical role in the health of any organization.
These finance courses for high school students provide a head start to becoming a certified public accountant (CPA), financial analyst, compensation specialist, or a number of other careers in the finance field.
- Explore financial best practices to support successful businesses
- Learn accounting skills and see how they relate to running a business
- Develop the computer skills needed to complete finance projects
- Prepare for industry-recognized certification exams
Entrepreneurship Career Pathway
Becoming a business owner is an exciting venture that can prove fulfilling for the prepared entrepreneur. High school students who dream of owning their own businesses can benefit from this unique opportunity to discover what it takes for a business to be successful. From the creation of financial plans to marketing strategies, this career pathway is a great fit for young entrepreneurs in the making.
- Explore what makes a business successful
- Learn how to promote a business and attract investors
- Discover what it takes to launch and grow a business
- Gain real-world skills through project-based learning
General Management Career Pathway
If your student’s goal is to manage a team and help a business grow, then the general management career pathway is a great option to explore. Courses cover project-based learning initiatives that help students develop skills through hands-on learning. Designed for the 21st century, these high school career classes teach students about leadership, communication, teamwork, creative problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Discover how teamwork contributes to the success of businesses
- Develop leadership skills to build and manage productive teams
- Get introduced to business law and the principles of marketing and finance
- Learn the computer skills necessary to complete business goals
Human Resources Career Pathway
The majority of companies need a human resources department. Students in this career pathway can discover how the HR department acts as liaison between business administration and employees. High school human resources courses prepare students for staffing activities that may involve planning, recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance appraisal, compensation, benefits, and employee safety.
- Explore the unique liaison role of HR departments
- Get introduced to HR competencies, including recruiting, training, benefits, and more
- Discover specific career opportunities in HR
What could my future look like in this career field?*
*Data is from Burning Glass Labor Insights and is updated frequently.
Get Started with Stride Career Prep
Whether your student is interested in a career in accounting, marketing, or embarking on their own journey as an entrepreneur, Stride Career Prep has a pathway suited for them. Students can learn the core foundations of business operations and functions while building a variety of leadership, team building, and management skills they can carry with them into their professional careers.
*Opportunities vary by school; please visit your school page or check with your school counselor.
**Timing for sufficient exam preparation, necessary prerequisites, and exam fees vary per specific certification. Students should check with their school counselor for details on exam fee coverage opportunities.