College Preparation and Career Counseling
Guiding Students to Their Ideal Futures
K12 Private Academy walks students through every step of their education, helping them map the path to their own definition of success. Through our college preparation and career counseling programs, we offer resources and support for various developmental topics, career planning, and college application submissions.
Counselors Provide Reliable Support
Our career prep high school counselors have a single goal in mind: helping students reach their personal visions of success.
Map the Course
Plan the course of action needed to reach a student’s personal success goals.
Stay on Track
Receive continued guidance and redirection and support to stay on course.
Prepare for the Future
Develop professional skills with Stride Career Prep industry-specific electives.
Our College and Career Counseling Program Offerings
K12 Private Academy makes sure you have the support you want and need when pursuing your college and career goals. Our dedicated counselors are here to help students discover their unique vision and plan the steps needed to get there, starting from as early as sixth grade. Students can benefit from many kinds of assistance, including:
- One-to-one counseling to assist students in the development of their post-graduation plans
- Redirection and support when students find themselves off course
- Personal and social development through small group sessions
- Solution-focused individual counseling
- Collaboration between students, counselors, teachers, Learning Coaches, and administrators to ensure student success
- Live weekly sessions covering topics related to the college admissions process, such as financial aid, scholarships, letters of recommendation, and NCAA eligibility
- Access to Naviance Student, a comprehensive college and career planning platform that helps connect academic achievement and post-graduation goals
- SAT and ACT test preparation resources and support
- A special consortium with colleges and universities that offers over 500 dual enrollment courses to full-time high school students*
- Access to Stride Career Prep, a career preparation program that starts as early as 6th grade and encourages determined 8th grade students to begin high school electives early**
- Opportunity for advanced ninth and tenth graders to save significant time and money earning college credits or an associate degree through our Early College Program.*
Who qualifies for college and career counseling?
K12 Private Academy students who are enrolled full-time in our high school program have access to our college and career counseling services. With dedicated, self-motivated students and the help of this program, our K12 Private Academy graduates have gained admission to top universities and colleges around the world. For determined and hardworking students, Stride Career Prep can start even earlier than high school.
College and Career Counselors
Our college counselors for high school students are available across grades 9–12. They’re able to assist with identifying classes or activities that support a student’s career goals, offering tips for applications to top-choice universities, finding financial aid and scholarships, academic advising, NCAA eligibility, and more.
Career Prep High School Classes
In addition to our powerful curriculum, students have the unique opportunity to participate in Stride Career Prep. This innovative online program from K12 Private Academy combines traditional academics with industry-relevant and career-focused electives. Students in this program get a jump start on their college and career goals while working toward their high school diplomas.
Students can begin Stride Career Prep as early as sixth grade and take classes across topics like human and health services, marketing communications, and game design and programming. Students can dive into career exploration and start honing their interests and skills. Explore our career and college prep course list.
*Dual Enrollment and the Early College Program are available for eligible students at an additional cost.
**For Part-Time students, there is an additional fee for Stride Career Prep courses of $200 the first year. This covers access to systems like Nepris and Naviance. There may be other additional fees for Part-Time Stride Career Prep Courses.